Stylish chairs for active sitting
RockBack – stylish chairs for active sitting
Do you sit, inactive, for long periods?
Many of us sit for more than 8 hours a day and it can cause some serious health issues.
RockBack will help you sit healthily in comfort and let your thoughts flow.
- Its unique design encourages movement, use of core muscles and good posture.
- Like all great products, it is simple to use – automatically placing you in the optimal position.
- Ideal for people with bad backs or who want to look after their backs.
- Originally created by Dr. Jack Nickson M.B., B.S., a GP for 31 years and a private back specialist for a further 27 years.
- Unique active sitting design promotes good posture, movement and use of core muscles.
- Designed to fit under normal office desks and dining tables.
- Free delivery – We deliver straight to your doorstep, for free.
- Home trial – Order a standard RockBack and you can try it at home for 30 days. If you’re not 100% happy with your RockBack, send it back to us and we will fully refund your purchase (subject to our returns policy). We’re confident that once you try RockBack you will want to keep it forever.
- Hassle free returns – Just pack the chair in the original packaging, attached the pre-printed label and drop the chair at a DPD pick up shop, for free.
- The RockBack beech frame, ply seat and back are made in the UK.
- RockBack is upholstered with foams and fabrics sourced from the UK.
- RockBack is finished in Wycombe – the historic home of British furniture.
Prices from £295 including delivery in the UK.
Sitting has been described as the new smoking.
A badly designed chair can cause you:
- discomfort leading to lack of concentration
- grumpiness and irritation
- serious back issues that may require surgery (I should know as I’ve had 2 back surgeries)
But in modern life we need to sit.
I worked long and hard to create the perfect chair to sit, work and eat in whilst still looking after your back.
RockBack helps you sit healthily in 4 ways
Active sitting uses your body’s core muscles to maintain your sitting position (in passive sitting, the chair is maintaining your sitting position). RockBack promotes active sitting in the tilted forward position.
In the tilted forward position, RockBack enables you to sit with your knees below your hips. This opens up your pelvic angle which creates a healthy position for your back.
RockBack helps you sit in comfort with good posture – either active sitting (tilted forward) or passive sitting (rocked back). The curved seat prevents slumping.
Movement whilst sitting is beneficial as it stimulates different muscles and sids blood circulation.
And it looks great too.
RockBack will look stylish in any setting. The beech frame can be finished in a range of fantastic finishes. RockBack can be upholstered in three fabulous fabrics with a huge choice of gorgeous colours.
The beech frame can be finished in:
- Clear lacquer with 5% sheen to show off the natural beauty of the wood;
- The full range of Farrow & Ball colours; or
- Woodstains – antique pine, dark mahogany, dark oak, golden oak, light oak, teak, walnut or yew.
- Atlantis, a chenille from Villa Nova with easy clean technology in 50 colours.
- Blazer, a natural wool in 60 colours.
- Modelli, a huge range of gorgeous fabrics suitable for RockBack.
Love it! Backache from a day sitting at my desk completely banished. Can’t recommend highly enough.
I’m always telling my patients to sit with their knees slightly below their hips. It forces the pelvis and lower back into a much healthier position. The RockBack chair helps you effortlessly adopt this position. Plus it looks great. Good for posture and great at preventing back pain!
I am perched on my fabulous RockBack chair (in ’tilt forward’ position) as I type this email. Sitting at my desk has never been more comfortable. No more backache and sciatica! Thanks!!