How can I use my RockBack chair?
There are three ways of sitting on our chairs.
- Active sitting relies on core spinal muscles to sit upright (other examples include a kneeling chair).
- Passive sitting involves relaxed sitting ideally sitting upright with good support from the seat and back.
- Dynamic sitting is beneficial to healthy sitting as it stimulates muscles and circulation.
The RockBack chair in the tilted forward position, with your feet behind you (if you are tall) or in front of you creates an excellent active sitting position. The curved seat enables the knees to be below the hips which encourages the spine to create its natural curvature.
The RockBack chair in the rocked back position enables passive sitting with good posture. The curved seat makes it very difficult to slump in the chair and the back support is in exactly the right place to provide comfortable support. The combination of memory foam on top of a firm foam in the seat makes sitting very comfortable.
The RockBack chair offers the ability to rock backwards and forwards. This enables dynamic sitting which stimulates different muscles and aids blood circulation. The RockBack movement has been described as “relaxing” or “hypnotic”.
|Chair Dimensions||Width 46cm x Depth 44cm x Height 77cm|
Seat Height 44cm
|Chair Frame||Solid Beech|
|Frame Finish||2 coats of lacquer or stained lacquer|
|Seat and Back||10mm laminated Beech ply|
|Upholstery||Foam and fabric|
|Weight of chair||8kg|
RockBack chair frames
The RockBack chair frame is constructed near Reading from solid, sustainable beech. The chair frame is finished in Wycombe – the traditional home of British furniture manufacturing – in a range of fantastic finishes.
The standard finish is two coats of clear lacquer (5% sheen) which shows off the natural beauty of the wood.
The chair frame can also be finished in any of the full range of Farrow and Ball paints (see full range here)
Farrow & Ball Railings
- The RockBack chair frame is upholstered in Reading in four fantastic fabrics.
- These fabrics are all fully compliant with the relevant fire and safety regulations.
- The foam in the seat is a combination of memory foam on top for comfort and a firmer foam underneath for support.
- The seat is made from curved ply which encourages sitting in the correct position.
A chenille plain, woven with fibres that have innovative EasyClean Technology that allows the toughest of household stains to be removed easily. Atlantis is reassuringly durable for upholstery. See the full colour range here
Blazer is a classic pure new wool fabric with a billiard cloth felted finish. It is made from premium New Zealand lambswool and is perfect for furniture upholstery. See the full colour range here.